Sunday 26 April 2015

The Armenian Genocide - Inexplicable pain


Have you ever felt you are powerless… you can’t point out a simple definition or explain something you understand without any inkling! It’s something really unpleasant because you realize the case of having really poor vocabulary or maybe this case isn’t about that, it’s something truly different, something not ordinary and rare.
When silence speaks itself, when you are hopeless to utter a single word that expresses the feeling you feel everytime when you imagine or something reminds you of that painful case, you resemble a patient that lives with the hope of a desirable recovery but soon is to die.
Both my tongue and my body can’t help shivering now and what is more important my mind also shivers and makes me cry, cry without tears, as there’s no tear left to shed. It’s unfair… whoever told me this world is to be fair, made me believe a lie.


I was thinking is there any noun existed that can be equal to the thing that happened in 1915; murder, mass murder, massacre, genocide, you name it...call it as you wish, but there isn’t a single word that may be fulfilled with such pain, pity, unjust.
I was wondering which verb possible may represent the action that was undertaken and implemented by the Ottoman Empire and I understood, confronted a reality...to kill or put to death, to murder, to massacre, to execute, no, it was not that!
I was thinking which adverb is typical of that very action; cruelly, monstrously, outrageously, violently, horribly, inhumanly…no, it was something not explicable… at least I am helpless.
Then I was trying to find an appropriate adjective for Turkish people who were the organisers of that very act, which was the most savage act against humanity and I was again to confess that the worst word possible is a compliment for them... Poor language...
Though I am listening to the pain, I hear nothing but the silence, the scream of silence. And I understand there's no language due to which the pain may be expressed… 

No comments:

Post a Comment